By Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth
This highly-anticipated quantity has been commonly revised to mirror adjustments in know-how, electronic humanities equipment and practices, and institutional tradition surrounding the valuation and ebook of electronic scholarship.
- A absolutely revised variation of a celebrated reference paintings, supplying the main entire and up to date choice of learn at the moment on hand during this speedily evolving discipline
- Includes new articles addressing topical and provocative concerns and ideas comparable to unfashionable computing, computing device fabrication, gender dynamics, and globalization
- Brings jointly a world group of authors who're pioneers of cutting edge examine within the electronic humanities
- Accessibly based into 5 sections exploring infrastructures, production, research, dissemination, and the way forward for electronic humanities
- Surveys the earlier, current, and way forward for the sphere, delivering crucial learn for an individual drawn to higher knowing the speculation, equipment, and alertness of the electronic humanities
Read Online or Download A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
The individuals to opposed to existence imagine significantly concerning the flip to existence in contemporary conception and tradition. Editors Alastair Hunt and Stephanie Youngblood form their assortment to provocatively problem the belief, rife in the course of the humanities, that existence should be cultivated, affirmed, and redeemed.
Experiences of the English gentleman have tended to concentration typically at the 19th century, encouraging the implicit assumption that this influential literary trope has much less resonance for twentieth-century literature and tradition. Christine Berberich demanding situations this idea by way of exhibiting that the English gentleman has confirmed to be a remarkably adaptable and proper excellent that maintains to persuade not just literature yet other kinds of illustration, together with the media and advertisements industries.
Because the identify Writing distinction: Nationalism, identification and Literature indicates, the dominant subject matter of the ebook is kingdom and its inevitable concomitants, specifically identification and distinction. those problematics were studied either when it comes to conception and perform. as far as perform is worried, it has consistently been socially and culturally particular.
First released in 1987, the essays during this quantity specialise in questions of gender, estate and gear within the use of rhetoric and the perform of literary genres, and supply a historicised cultural critique. They examine the hyperlinks among rhetoric and estate, but in addition representations of ladies as unruly, over the top, teleology-breaking figures — intermeshing with feminist conception within the wake of Freud, Lacan and Derrida.
- Reading Dante Gabriel Rossetti: The Painter as Poet
- If God Meant to Interfere: American Literature and the Rise of the Christian Right
- The Complete Poems of George Whalley
- The Brontës in the World of the Arts (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
- The Selected Models of American Fiction
Extra resources for A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth